If your teeth are stained, discoloured, chipped, or crooked, veneers are a considered treatment option. Veneers can also be used to close small gaps when braces are not suitable. If one tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer can sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others. Here is how they work:
- A veneer is a very thin, tooth-coloured piece of porcelain (like a false finger nail, but more durable) that is bonded on top of your own tooth. Quite often, particularly if the teeth are quite crooked some preparation of your teeth would be needed.
- Based on your needs, the shape and size of the veneers can be adjusted to make your teeth overall look longer and or closer together.
- You can have just one veneer fitted or a whole set, known as a smile makeover.
- Simple and quick solution to improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth.
- Long-lasting smile enhancement.
- Natural-looking restoration.